Sunday 21 January 2018

Luke's Blog: Número dos

Hello everyone,

A week has passed since my last post and I'm going to continue with the self interview format as well as a few more pictures so here goes;

Professor Muggleton with the not so engaged students 
How has your second week compared to your first?

    The second week has flown by, I've definitely been more relaxed, putting less pressure on myself and as a result have been able to experiment more in my lessons. It's only been 2 weeks, however I do feel part of the furniture here. I love the school I'm at so much so that even though I have long working days it doesn't feel like work a lot of the time. Surprisingly I'm able to remember the majority of the children's names although I have been calling one teacher Maria instead of Belen for best part of two weeks. A good working relationship has been established in all my classes varying my style and technique for each one. Starting to notice the kid's individual needs and trying to alter my lessons for them. 

Making the most of a rare sunny day
It's the half way point, what do you want to achieve before you leave?

    It's quite a hard question as my time so far has been quite a blur, I appreciate writing these blogs as it gives you a moment to reflect rather than having lesson planning hanging over you or just thinking 'how long till dinner?!'. Other than keeping up the progression that's happened so far I'd like my lessons to really nail their aims. Sometimes I leave a class wondering if everyone just wasted an hour of their life. Simple techniques from the CELTA course and from Chester come flooding back when having my evening shower and seem so obvious with hindsight. It would be great after the 4 weeks to have enough confidence in my teaching to go for any job I find advertised. 

Police are still trying to catch this fishy culprit
How is life living with the group from Chester?

    It's such a blessing having so many caring and supportive people around me here, this would be 10 times harder without them. Each of them has a unique personality and it's a pleasure to spend this quality time with them getting to know them all individually and learning their different quirks and motivations. Evening dinner is always a treat, I'm usually laughing more than eating so thanks guys.

Being tourists in Santiago
Ok that's enough for now, take it easy, everyone enjoy your penultimate week at your schools,

Luke  

Feeling spiritual in Santiago, the end of 'The way of St. James' pilgrimage 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Luke's Blog: Número cuatro

Hello, I've finally arrived home after a very eventful, challenging but ultimately successful month in La Coruña this will be my last ...