Monday 15 January 2018

The first week is over

Hi everyone!

It was very interesting to read your stories.

The first week is over and I just wanted to share my first impressions with you guys.

I arrived in school called "Escuelas San Jose Jesuitas School" in Campanar (5 mins away from the city centre by metro) and met Vicente who showed me the school facilities and familiarised me with the Spanish education system. I work with four various teachers. All of them are lovely and very supportive. I teach general English, business English and prepare few students for Cambridge examinations.  My students are mainly adult learners, however some of them still behave like children during the classes. Therefore, I introduced the rules (all well-known to us) together with the point system. They appear to work effectively making the students competitive. The students really enjoy it and they seem to be very engaged in each class. Surprisingly, I received an applause at the end of one class. It was so sweet and heart-breaking. In addiction, students are very excited to have a new teacher. Some of them asked me if I stay with them for the whole year.  I replied: "I would love to".

Initially, I was based in Moncada but currently I am living in Valencia  (missing my homies tho: Steven and Norman).  I am located closer to my school now and it takes me much less time to get there which is great - I can sleep longer :). I have already made  new friends with some local people who are very friendly and keen on speaking in English: Diego, Juani and Carlos.  It is also a great opportunity for me to practise Spanish language with them! I hope to be fluent in Spanish by the end of week 4 :)


I also want to thank Reea for her help and support during the first week. You were amazing!

                                                   
                                                   A random trip to the beach with Abbie
                                           




I am looking forward to see what week 2 brings.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Luke's Blog: Número cuatro

Hello, I've finally arrived home after a very eventful, challenging but ultimately successful month in La Coruña this will be my last ...