Saturday 13 January 2018

¡Hola mis amigos!

Just wanted to start off by saying thank you to everyone who has organised this wonderful opportunity! I learnt so much during our short time training in Chester, including various strategies and activities that I have already implemented (and will be able to use throughout my teaching career).

I can honestly say that the whole experience so far has been a whirlwind of emotions. I was so nervous arriving in Chester; curious about the people I was going to spend the next month with and not knowing what to expect in A Coruña. Fortunately, I found that most people were feeling the same, and therefore it was ok... Everyone is amazing! Shout out to the people in Valencia - miss you!

I have found that the most laughs have occurred as a result of imperfections and silly mistakes. Every evening I look forward to dinner, not because I am really hungry (eating on Spanish time), but because we are all sat together and able to discuss our weird and wonderful day. Discussions I remember fondly (so far) are: Rabiya and the bus, "there's no point crying over split milk", and even today - I thought I was eating soup for lunch, but it was supposed to be a pasta sauce🙈.

The school is beautiful - teachers and students included! It is good fitness walking up the hill/mountain everyday, and the views are worth it! Everyone has been so welcoming and helpful. Fran (our coordinator) is very organised and approachable. Working with children in the primary school is the best. It is evident that they are very excited to have someone new in the classroom and being a part of their English language progress is very rewarding. Calasanz (our school) use a CLIL approach for learning English. Therefore Aminah, Dan, Cameron and I, are able to teach a variety of subjects including English, PE, RE, Science, Art and Music. The children are keen to practice their English in more relaxed learning environments, whereas they tend to be shy during English lessons. Hopefully this is something we can change by ensuring the English lessons are fun, purposeful and collaborative.

It is safe to say that I am having a lot of fun! I'm looking forward to the second week - teaching and attempting to use Spanish!

¡Hasta luego! Chloe xxx

Sunrise 


Paella

Coast

A Coruña
Calasanz

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Luke's Blog: Número cuatro

Hello, I've finally arrived home after a very eventful, challenging but ultimately successful month in La Coruña this will be my last ...