Monday 5 February 2018

BLOG 6 CELEBRATING THE LIFE OF SAN JUAN BOSCO

BLOG 6 CELEBRATING THE LIFE OF SAN JUAN BOSCO

Last Wednesday evening, decorations started to appear in our school. In Salescianos this week we are celebrating the life of our founder San Juan Don Bosco, who died on 31st January.
He was born in the 19th century and came from Turin, Italy.

Among many other fantastic achievements he worked to improve education for girls and worked with employers to create apprenticeships with good working conditions. He launched a publication which is still in print today.

He is the patron saint for Christian apprentices, editors, publishers, school
childrenyoung peoplemagicians and juvenile delinquents.

As I studied and worked in book publishing for the best part of the last 26 years I think I was well matched to the school :-D

I am feeling very inspired to visit Turin this year, not only because of Don Bosco but also because one my Advanced level CELTA students was from Turin. She was the student I chose to write my FoTL about and she was so passionate about her city.


I went to see part of the secondary show in the theatre this afternoon as part of the Don Bosco celebrations. It was so nice to see my students in a different light, relaxed and enjoying themselves. They did a great job. Lots of music, dancing and stylish outfits. Just my cup of tea :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Luke's Blog: Número cuatro

Hello, I've finally arrived home after a very eventful, challenging but ultimately successful month in La Coruña this will be my last ...