Monday 5 February 2018

Luke's Blog: Número cuatro

Hello,

I've finally arrived home after a very eventful, challenging but ultimately successful month in La Coruña this will be my last blog so I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who has made this experience possible.

Mission complete
How was your last week teaching at Colexio Calasancias? 

    The week started with a 'día de paz' or peace day celebration at the school where the children would preform songs and dances, and compete in sports in the afternoon. It was a nice relaxed start to the week which continued throughout as dances were being practiced and costumes were being made for the carnival I'm unfortunately missing on the 9th of February. On Wednesday I had my observed lesson with Andrew from UKLC. There were good elements to the lesson but I definitely felt I could have done better and had had plenty of more successful lessons in the weeks before. Although I wasn't totally satisfied by my performance, I learnt a lot, mainly to keep my lessons simple and flexible in order to adhere to the needs and response of the class. The end of the week came and was tainted by me suffering from some stomach issues (I won't go into detail), however I'm not good at goodbyes anyway so would have felt off either way. Sitting here and reflecting about the last month, I don't think I could have been placed at a better school, the teachers were so warm and treated us like family, I was given a lot of freedom to do what I wanted and I miss it already. 

Knew I shouldn't have worn the red dress on laundry day
How was your final day and the journey home?

    The final day was an emotional one, the group we had was so varied. Different ages, backgrounds and motivations yet we were brought together by a common interest to better ourselves and experience a different way of life (hopefully teaching people along the way). One of the beautiful things about this profession is that it attracts such nice people. I can't imagine having to deal with any of the abrasive personalities you'd find in a motorcycle factory in the East Midlands. I want to wish all my colegas de trabajo all the best in the future. I had a perfect day yesterday, lie in, scrabbled eggs, dog walk, Sunday dinner with my grandparents, nap during the rugby then a few pints with my mates. I'm already focused on leaving for some work soon before the summer. A contact through Jenny is setting up an academy in Coruña starting in March and I have an interview this week so fingers crossed it is what I am looking for.

Home is where your dogs are
Ok that's it, thanks to anyone who has bothered to read the blogs, I've enjoyed reading the others. See you on the flop side. Adios.

Luke

When in Galicia.....

And I, you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Luke's Blog: Número cuatro

Hello, I've finally arrived home after a very eventful, challenging but ultimately successful month in La Coruña this will be my last ...