Friday 12 January 2018

First week in A Coruna

Hey,

It's the end of my first week teaching here in A Coruna and it certainly has been an eventful time and had it's ups and downs due to lack of sleep and tea, recently named by myself as 'Tea-Gate'.

I am teaching at Colegio Salesiano San Juan Bosco, a delightful school in a beautiful, historic building situated in a wonderful beachfront location.  ALL the staff at the school are extremely helpful and bend over backwards to help.

I began teaching very quickly this week which I wasn't quite prepared for but as a result I can make 3 observations:

1.  You don't have to spend hours preparing lesson plans because quite simply there aren't enough hours in the day and you will still survive (even if you are an analytical person such as myself).

2.  If you don't manage to print off all your resources in time, you can still have a great lesson with pupils engaged in communicating the target language between themselves.

3.  Pupils (and teachers) in Spain study long hours and young children still have plenty of energy at 6:30pm even after a long day at school and extra English classes!

I will blog again soon but it's dinner time (9pm).
That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Luke's Blog: Número cuatro

Hello, I've finally arrived home after a very eventful, challenging but ultimately successful month in La Coruña this will be my last ...