Tuesday 23 January 2018

Feels like home.

Did I actually say that I was unhappy? It seems unbelievable now, I can't figure it out. I was so unhappy, so desperate to go home, to get away from this place, that I cried all day. Bizarre. That feels like a different person. Maybe it was.
I've never, ever been happier in my work than I am here. And I love Spain! I didn't expect to love it. I didn't really expect anything, I was quietly optimistic and noisily terrified!

My good pal from the school where I used to work, back home, emailed me yesterday to say hi. He told me about a quote I had printed and stuck on the classroom wall, a couple of years ago. It said "You have to make a choice to take a chance, if you want your life to change". He said he remembers it and tries to live by it. "You are practising what you preach!" he said to me. How cool is that?

So, my advice to myself and anybody else is this: However terrifiying, however random your idea is, if it seems like a good idea, it probably is and it could change your life. Do it.

2 comments:

Luke's Blog: Número cuatro

Hello, I've finally arrived home after a very eventful, challenging but ultimately successful month in La Coruña this will be my last ...