Sunday 14 January 2018

a quarter of the way through!

The first week of living as a teacher in Valencia has been a mixed bag of emotions from excitement to nerve wracking to stressful to complete happiness and contentment!

The Spanish children are very energetic and curious. Although they are loud they are mostly well mannered and respectful. I definitely get a feeling that they are excited to learn English and they are happy to have a native speaker teaching them.

Our flat is in an ideal location. a few minutes walk to the nearest metro and about 15 minutes from the beach. The beach runs have been a perfect way to clear my mind and really take in where I am and reflect on the whole experience. I feel so grateful to be given the opportunity to finally put everything that I have learnt over the past few months during the CELTA course in to action. In the beautiful city of Valencia.


Teaching teenagers have been a challenge because CELTA was aimed at teaching adults so the lack of experience in teaching this age range is quite obvious - However I am happy with the challenge and have learnt a lot about classroom management and how to keep them engaged and interested.

Overall a great experience so far. I am looking forward to what the rest of the month holds for us!


Abbie.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Luke's Blog: Número cuatro

Hello, I've finally arrived home after a very eventful, challenging but ultimately successful month in La Coruña this will be my last ...