Thursday 18 January 2018

'Whose bunny is it?' and paper mache

Hello from week 2!

Weather update from A Coruna: our waves are crazy. Crazy. I could hear and smell them from the playground today. The infintil classrooms have an amazing view across the bay, but the small children seemed more interested in stroking my cheeks and trying to tell me things in Spanish :)


This week was my first full week of teaching and I've had my fair share of good moments and the inevitable 'there's 10 minutes left and I have no activi...Let's play stop the bus!!!' I've really enjoyed this week and feel that I'm really getting into the swing of things (and being called 'Harry Potter').

Some of the highlights this week include inventing actions for a tree, a doll and bananas on the spot (in order: stretch up tall, stand and bob down and wiggle your hips); making paper mache masks (they're currently setting and I might need to do a sneaky second layer myself ) with 5P and playing 'Whose bunny is it' to practise the possessives.

Here's how to play 'whose bunny is it?':

Everyone sits in a circle. 
One person stands up and holds a bunny.
The people sitting in a circle close their eyes and chant 'whose bunny is it?'
The person with the bunny creeps around and puts in behind someone's back, then joins the circle.
Next, everyone opens their eyes and the teacher asks 'It the bunny yours, X?' and they check (They reply 'yes, it is' or 'no, it isn't')
The person who has the bunny stands up and takes the next turn to hide it.

I love it :)

Harry


No comments:

Post a Comment

Luke's Blog: Número cuatro

Hello, I've finally arrived home after a very eventful, challenging but ultimately successful month in La Coruña this will be my last ...